Meet Grant Olson, DDS
- One of only 300 CEREC® Mentors in the world
- Only VIP Diamond Invisalign Provider in the area
- Offers guided dental implant surgery for optimal precision
- Utilizes most advanced dental technology available
- Performs dozens of smile makeovers per year on average
- Member of the American Dental Association and Missouri Dental Association
Dr. Grant Olson of Innovative Dental is passionate about giving people brighter and healthier smiles through the use of innovative techniques. By investing in the latest technology and training, Dr. Olson and his team are able to provide patients with the highest level of dental care, from preventative to cosmetic.
Advances in technology and techniques allow for specialized services including same-day cosmetics, Invisalign® and guided dental implants. In addition, CEREC® digital dentistry allows him to provide crowns, veneers and even bridges in one appointment without goopy impressions or temporaries. This innovative method of one-visit cosmetics has earned Dr. Olson recognition in publications and the title of the number-one provider of Invisalign® in the Springfield area.
Along with cutting-edge dental techniques, the office’s preventative measures for both children and adults ensure the continued good health of teeth and gums.
“It’s astonishing how many people suffer emotionally and physically from a poor smile,” Dr. Olson says. “We love seeing the impact on one’s entire life after they allow us to give them something to smile about.” In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family and volunteering in the kids area at his church.
In His Own Words – Why Dr. Olson Became a Dentist
[After spending time shadowing dentists] I just fell in love with the fact that I get to talk to people all day, and I observed that type of interaction with individuals and helping them achieve better health, and I thought, ‘Man, that sounds exciting.’ After praying about it, talking about it, observing, hearing from my cousin [who is a dentist]—I just really felt like God was calling me to be a dentist.
What Exactly Is a Cosmetic Dentist?
In addition to providing general oral care services, cosmetic dentists are trained in various techniques designed to restore form and function to teeth for a beautiful, natural-looking smile. Some of the most common treatments performed by cosmetic dentists include porcelain veneers, dental implants, Invisalign® and teeth whitening—which can address concerns ranging from discoloration and misalignments to damaged or missing teeth. By selecting the right cosmetic dentist, you can expect comprehensive, quality dental care with a focus on achieving optimal aesthetics.
How to Choose the Best Cosmetic Dentist for You
There are several factors to consider when choosing the best cosmetic dentist for your dental care. In the following video, Dr. Olson shares five tips that can help narrow your search and ensure you select the cosmetic dentist best suited to achieve your smile goals. Can’t watch right now? We’ve got you covered—a basic summary of Dr. Olson’s advice can be found below the video.
- Check out what other people have to say. Reading about the experiences of other patients in dentist reviews and testimonials can be a great way to get an idea of the type of care you can expect to receive. Many practitioners have these available on their websites, but third-party review sites can also be good places to look.
- Take a look at before-and-after pictures of previous patients. Often available for viewing in a practice’s Smile Gallery, these photos can show you the type of results your prospective dentist is capable of achieving with various treatments. If you don’t find images for your procedure(s) of interest online, make sure to ask the practice when you visit—or simply keep looking around for another dentist who has before-and-after pictures readily available.
- Gauge the supporting dental team’s passion for care and enthusiasm for the quality of treatment provided at the practice. When you call and/or visit an office, the staff should be excited to engage with you, as well as able to confidently and excitedly speak about what you can expect from the service(s) you seek. In the event the level of care provided by the dentist is not truly exceptional, a dental team is generally going to find it difficult to mislead prospective patients with false enthusiasm. Remember: while the dentist may perform the actual treatment, the dental team plays a vital role in your overall care and experience—so interacting with the staff and factoring them into your decision is critical.
- Explore the technology utilized by the dentist. State-of-the-art dental equipment can not only improve diagnosis, planning, and treatment processes, it can also be a great indication of how dedicated a practice is to providing the most up-to-date and beneficial services available. Innovative dental technology should not always be viewed as a dentist’s attempt to gain a return on investment, but rather as an effort to truly enhance the lives of their patients through optimal care.
- Trust the vibe you get; listen to your gut. You wouldn’t buy a car from a salesman if you didn’t get a good vibe from them—why entrust your veneer work, implants, or oral health to someone who rubs you the wrong way? Make sure you get a great internal feeling about a dentist and their practice, which is often a good indication that you can expect to be seen as more than simply a number and be confident in the quality of care you will receive.
When all is said and done, you should feel completely comfortable and assured in your decision. If for any reason you are not fully satisfied in a provider, it is absolutely acceptable to continue searching until you find the best cosmetic dentist for you.
Interested in Scheduling a Consultation?
Contact Dr. Olson today, and feel confident, safe and comfortable in the quality of your dental work.