Many of us have met someone with an amalgam filling and maybe some of us even have these types of fillings. An amalgam filling—also known as a “metal filling” or “silver filling”—is composed of mercury and other metals. Although this type of filling is effective in repairing a damaged tooth, it is not typically aesthetically appealing and is usually very noticeable. At Innovative Dental, our cosmetic dentists use the latest dental technology to provide you with fillings that look and feel natural.
- Why Choose Tooth-Colored Fillings?
- Tooth-Colored Filling Benefits
- Tooth-Colored Filling Procedure
- Tooth-Colored Filling Materials
- Tooth-Colored Filling Longevity
- Tooth-Colored Filling Cost
Why Choose SonicFill™ Tooth-Colored Fillings?
SonicFill™ fillings have the same main goal as a standard filling: to prevent the spread of tooth decay or repair a damaged tooth. The main difference is that SonicFill™utilizes advancements in dentistry to improve on the “standard” filling. Additionally, this type of procedure involves providing a filling that best matches your tooth color to deliver a smooth and natural look, while at the same time treating any cavities or other damages. At Innovative Dental, we use the latest dental technology called SonicFill™ in order to provide you with these natural-looking cosmetic fillings.
What Are the Benefits of SonicFill™ Composite Fillings?
- Fast: Using this latest dental technology, we’re able to provide you with a cosmetic filling procedure that is quick. This is because the SonicFill™ can typically fill a cavity in one layer instead of multiple layers.
- Durable: The materials used in the SonicFill™ tool are strong and effectively bonded to your tooth during the application process. There is also significantly less chance for shrinkage of the filling as compared to other processes.
- Safe: Our SonicFill™ filling procedure is a safe and effective treatment. There are minimal chances for allergic reactions to mercury, as opposed to other types of fillings such as the amalgam filling.
- Effective: This latest dental technology offers a treatment plan that can effectively stop tooth decay and repair damaged teeth.
- Discreet: SonicFill™ fillings are designed to match the appearance of your regular teeth so that you can have confidence that your smile looks as natural as possible.
How Do SonicFill™ Tooth-Colored Fillings Work?
During the tooth-colored filling procedure, your dentist will have the SonicFill™ tool filled with the composite material. This device uses vibrations to thoroughly fill cavities without voids, improving the long-term health of your teeth while also minimizing time spent in the office. Your dentist can typically fill your cavity in one step before beginning the process of shaping the composite to your tooth. Then, a curing light system is used to transform the composite resin into a durable and effective barrier against bacteria and infection.
What Are SonicFill™ Tooth-Colored Fillings Made Of?
Tooth-colored fillings are made of a non-metallic composite resin that is specially designed to mimic the shade of natural teeth. The resin is applied to the tooth in a gel-like state, allowing your dentist to guide its movement and sculpt it to fit the precise dimensions of the cavity. Due to its unique composition, this resin bonds securely to the tooth structure, creating a durable seal against further decay. Furthermore, the composite material is less susceptible to changes in temperature than metal fillings, making it less prone to shrinkage.
How Long Do SonicFill™ Tooth-Colored Fillings Last?
If patients maintain good overall oral health, composite fillings can last for 7-10 years—or sometimes even longer. That said, the longevity of any filling depends on a variety of factors, including:
- The size of the filling
- The location of the filling in your mouth
- Your oral hygiene habits
- Your dietary choices
In order to maximize the longevity of your tooth-colored filling(s), our dentists recommend brushing and flossing regularly, attending your twice yearly dental visits, and avoiding particularly hard, sticky, and/or crunchy foods that can dislodge or otherwise disrupt your filling(s).
How Much Do SonicFill™ Composite Fillings Cost?
The precise cost of tooth-colored fillings can vary based on factors such as: how many teeth are being filled, the location(s) of the tooth or teeth being filled, and the size(s) of the filling(s). Our dentists can discuss the cost of treatment with you in advance. Many dental insurance plans offer coverage for composite fillings, and our friendly and knowledgeable team will be happy to help you review your benefits.
Our dentists firmly believe that high-quality dental treatment should be accessible on virtually any budget. As such, we accept a number of different payment methods and dental financing options. Contact our office today to learn more.
Experience the Latest Dental Technology with Innovative Dental
The SonicFill™ tool at Innovative Dental enables us to provide higher-quality fillings without bubbles or gaps. You can experience our innovative difference, even if all you need are fillings! Contact our office today to set up a consultation with one of our dentists.