Dentistry is Always Changing
Over the past 20 years, there have been significant advances in technology, especially when it comes to the medical field. As we learn more and more about technology, it now becomes ever-changing. Having the most advanced technology is very important to dentistry to provide every patient with optimum care, treatment and comfortability. At Innovative Dental, we are always learning, educating, innovating and keeping up with the latest advances such as CEREC® 3D technology.
What is CEREC® 3D technology?
CEREC® 3D technology is the latest in creating custom porcelain crowns, partial crowns, bridges, and veneers along with other treatments for reconstructive and cosmetic dentistry procedures. In the past, the process for creating these types of dental restorations could take one week or longer. Patients would have to visit our office for several fittings, as well as wait for a laboratory to create the restoration. With CEREC® 3D technology, we are able to perform dental restorations the same day of your appointment with us.
The Benefits of CEREC® 3D Technology
There several benefits of CEREC® 3D technology, including:
- Natural: CEREC® 3D technology utilizes non-metal materials and results in a natural, tooth-colored product.
- Precise: Using this technology, we are able to map out your the details of your teeth to get exact matches without any errors.
- Quick: Instead of attending several appointments for dental restoration, CEREC® 3D technology allows you to complete your appointment in one visit.
- Durable: This type of technology produces a very durable resin that lasts longer than other types of restoration.
- Virtual: The fact that CEREC® 3D technology is virtual allows for no messes or hassles, especially when it comes to dental impressions. Instead of our dentist having to place an uncomfortable mold into your mouth for mapping, this technology utilizes a completely virtual impression.
Innovative Dental and CEREC® 3D Technology
With CEREC® 3D technology, Dr. Grant Olson and Dr. Megan Westrich utilize 3D computer software to capture unique images of your mouth. Then, we use these images with a state-of-the-art milling unit to create your customized restorations right in our office. It typically takes about one hour per restoration.
Contact Innovative Dental
If you are interested in a dental provider that is knowledge, friendly and uses the latest dental technology such at CEREC® 3D imaging, contact Innovative Dental today to set up a consultation.